AFC manufactures a wide variety of PTFE and Silicone coated Conveyor Belting that is utilized in a diverse range of industries. Our belting comes in a variety of proprietary coating formulas that we have engineered for various applications. AFC belts can be found under the trade names DuraFab®, DuraFlow®, DuraSil®, and DuraLam®. With a variety of splices, edging & tracking mechanisms, and installation accessories, AFC can provide you with a solution suited for your specific application.
Choosing the Right Belt for Your Application
Our Belt Design Guide demonstrates the steps required when choosing the right belt for your production line.
- Select Material Style (see Fabrics)
- Determine Belt Dimensions
- Width (edge to edge)
- Net Endless Length (continuous [closed] belt length)
- If existing belt is in good condition: lay belt on the floor and measure from one end of the belt to the other end.
- If existing belt is badly deteriorated: center the take-up pulley and measure the path of the belt through the dryer using a tape.
- Edge Reinforcements
- Splices/Seam Type
- Splice Options (can choose more than one)
- Flap over and/or under the splice (Mechanical Splice)
- Molding over and/or under splice (Butt or Overlap Splice)
- Stitched Splice
- Stitched Flap
- Guiding and Tracking
Sample Belt Design:
Material 27-48, W36" X L240", 1" Sewn and Sealed- Fiberglass, Galvanized Alligator, Flap Over Splice, No Guides
Questions with any of the steps? Contact an AFC representative for assistance.